'Kaizen' or continuous improvement drives us all to deliver work of the very highest standard.
Engineering at FMUK
Engineering at FMUK takes on many forms, and a large team of highly-skilled and experienced engineers cover a wide variety of roles.
Our engineers work to the global Futaba Production System, and ensure that waste activities are removed from all standardised manufacturing operations, guaranteeing that we help to building quality, and make the right parts at the right time, for the best cost.
With the skills to manage new work from ‘cradle to the grave’, we have developed strong project management toolkits with dedicated teams, and by utilising our apprenticeship programme, investment in engineering skills ensures that the best talent is acquired and developed to become our future leaders.
- Large Transfer Presses (800T, 1500T, 2500T)
- Progression Presses (160T, 500T, 800T)
- Manual Tandem Presses (160T, 300T)
- Capability of processing steels from 270MPa tensile, up to and including 1200MPa tensile
- Capabilities of producing components from mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium
Robotic Weld Assembly
- Resistance welding including Spot, Projection and Seam
- Arc welding including MIG, TIG and MAG
- Sequential production and supply available
- Range of tubes from 8mm to 42mm
- Forming including bending, swaging and beading
- Multi-tube assembly available
Fuel System Assembly
- Steel Fuel Filler Pipes
- Steel Fuel Tanks
- Complex assembly and testing available
Electroconductive Component Assembly
- Small part assembly
- Conductivity testing
Functional Parts Assembly
- High volume complex assembly
- Flexible manufacturing process
- Dynamic product change
Electro Deposition Coating
- High quality finish up to 45 microns
- High edge paint finish
- Capable of coating wide variety of substrates